Sunday, February 26, 2006

My French Market Bag Olympic Gold

I was having serious doubts that I would ever finish my bag, but I stuck it our and finished it just a mere hour before the closing ceremony! I dumped the bag in the washer as I emerged from my self-imposed exile and headed into town to find some food!

Well here it is, my French Market Bag in all of its glory before and after the first felting attempts:



I will be re-felting the bag at least one more time before I am satisfied, but to have it done this far has seen me reach my Olympic goal! I had serious doubts in my mind about knitting on the circulars, grafting the straps together, and being able to knit something more challenging than a simple scarf! But in the end I was able to over come my fears and create a wonderful bag!

I am already plotting what to knit with the remainder of the wool that I have in this colorway......and plotting what to do with the 10 skeins of a different color I had sent to my parents house in the US to use while I am on vacation in 2 weeks!

Congratulations & Good job to all of my fellow knitting hookers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Norah said...

It's beautiful! congratulations on ifnishing!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Kim Werker said...

It looks fantastic. Congratulations!

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home