Sunday, February 26, 2006

Gold!

Gold!I bound off the last stitch of the body of Forecast a few minutes after the Olympic flag was handed over to my fabulous city's mayor for the 2010 games (!!), during the live broadcast around a quarter to 1, PST. There was a hairy bit there, when I realized I needed to wind up a new ball of yarn a mere four rows from finish, but I did it. Gold!

This photo is crap; I'll take better ones as I progress toward finishing the rest of the sweater.

Things I learned:

  • Cabling
  • Bobbling
  • If I prioritize it, I can get a lot of knitting done in a short time
  • I really do prefer knitting to purling
A secret I kept from all the internets: I gave up caffeine in the last week. Bad timing? Possibly. But since I was into making commitments, I figured why not go for broke.

5 Comments:

Blogger Norah said...

Wow! Congratulations on your sweater! Your accomplishment is even greater knowing that you got that far without caffeine! Hurray!!

8:42 PM  
Blogger noricum said...

Yay Kim!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Suzetta said...

Wow, I REALLY want to see a photo of this on the wearer. It is beautiful so far.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Carly said...

hello jana it is carlyfries, since you missed out on the art show i am having another one on my blog. plz come soon!!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Thata said...

You do a beautiful work mam. I hope someday I could make like this one

Hugs,
thata

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home