Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Gentlemen...Start your engines

Oh wait....wrong sporting event....okay....lets do this one again

Ladies....Start your needles!

Hi everyone! I hope that I am not the only busy swatching and then frogging over and over again in hopes that I'll be able to get my project even started! I've decided on knitting a felted bag (torn between the Booga Bag or the French Market Bag) which will be a challenge as this will be the first non-fur knitted scarf that I have ever made....with the exception of one dishcloth that I finished recently as a swatching effort!

I have the wool all bought - Noro Kureyon #153 I actually bought enough to make both bags! One is my challenge to myself for these games though, and that will be a challenge since I am also making a fairly intricate doily for the Crochet Olympics! Yes, my family and friends all believe that I need my head examined, but the Olympics are about challenging yourself to do your utter best, with the most style and flair possible....should I fail or succeed, you will find me on my couch watching the closing ceremonies with a bottle of french bubbly toasting the fact that I tried to do something new and go beyond my familiar comfort zone that I am often stuck in!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Kimberly, I vote for the French market bag. It has a really classic shape. Keep us posted!

6:59 AM  
Blogger noricum said...

You go girl!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home