Thursday, February 02, 2006

Team Hooker! For Crocheters Who Knit...

(Some) knitters talk all the time about how they know enough crochet to work a simple edging, but rarely do crocheters talk about what they know about knitting. In the event of the 2006 Knitting Olympics, we've decided to take the challenge to knit something even though we might feel more comfortable crocheting. And we think it'll be fun to chat with other crocheters about knitting.

Kim's already swatching for her sweater--you can read more about it on her blog, and Amy is going to complete her first pair of knitted socks And the first anything she's made for herself in a long time.

Wanna join in? Just leave us a comment (be sure to include your email address) or send us an email and we'll add you to this blog.

Already a member of another team? Cool! You can totally cross-post about your progress here. But do let us know about uniquely crochet-y things, too.

A button's coming!

9 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

Add my name to the roster for Team Hooker! I am keeping my knitting olympic event rather simple with a felted bag.......but it is my first knitting project other than a dishcloth, so it will be a challenge for me! And I am trying to double medal with an entry in the Crochet Olympics! Go Team Hooker!!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

As you know, I'm in both the Knitting and Crocheting Olympics, so sign me up for Team Hooker.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Suzetta said...

I both knit and crochet and truly enjoy them both. I'm signed up to knit the Felted Enterlac Tote from Knit Picks. I'm tickled to finally be motivated to learn enterlac.

I'm also signed up for the Crochet Olympics, going to crochet fingerless mitts for charity.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

OK, OK, I'll join! I am feeling very busy, but can't turn down a challenge. Though I've knit a grown-up sweater, three masters level classes this semester has radically changed my schedule, so I feel I will be fully challenged with a lovely lil' baby sweater -- and I have two (wait, now three!) friends who are preggers. Details to come here and/or at my blog!

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just recently started knitting, but because I could not think of anything short of a full afghan (which I hate to make) to crochet for the olympics, I joined the Knitting Olympics. I will be knitting the Linie 89 sweater from elann.com

10:03 AM  
Blogger Suzetta said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Cate said...

Can you add me too? herself@snet.net I'm going to knit a sweater for my baby (due in Aug). the trim is crochet. I feel like it's cheating.. but it's SO cute!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Jana B said...

Okay, add me please! IBCJanaB@hotmail.com I am going to knit a shawl I think... still debating between a scarf & a shawl. Either way, it will be my first completed knitting project!!!! - Jana

7:44 AM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Hi Kim & Amy,
Please add me to this team. I'm also a member of Team Canada. (Is it ok to do that?? VBG)

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home