Friday, February 03, 2006

Hi Everyone

Hello Team!

I'm Vera. I'm from Charleston, South Carolina (USA). I'm making Dibs on Ribs from Interweave Knits

I've read through the pattern, brought the yarn (Noro Kureyon #157) , and made my gauge swatch. Now, I need to match the color sequence of some of the skiens.

This will be a challenge for me, but I think I can do it.

I'm also part of the Crochet Olympics that Crochetville is hosting. Here's my project.



It's Romantic Cardigan from Vintage Styles for Today. I think I can do this in between Dibs.
No matter how much I get done, I plan to have lots of fun!

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy O'Neill Houck said...

Wow, you are ambitious!!! I love that dibs on ribs, it's soooo cool. All you sweater people are making me feel a little silly with my socks, but I'm a very s-l-o-w knitter.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Crochet AND knit olympics?! Huh. That's impressive. And Amy ... rock and roll with the socks. I find knitting much slower, too. It's still a learning process for me.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

I know it's sounds insane to try both, but I really think its doable.

I'll start by casting on on Dibs and getting to a point where I feel comfortable, then I will work on the cardi then back to Dibs, then back to the cardi and so on.

I'm not concerned so much about the cardi because I crochet pretty fast. Another crochter is working on it now, and she likes it so far.

I just have issues with finishing things so I'll really need to "stay the course."

Dibs has some challenges (provisional cast on, short row shaping, lots of seaming, color pattern matching, etc.) but I've went over the pattern very carefully, the numbers all add up; I didn't catch any errors; and I understand it, so I feel good about it.

Besides, while I really want to make both in 16 days, I'm more curious about the process of it all, having fun, learning, and making new blog friends.

Amy, socks are great! I love making socks. It's one of the reasons I learned to knit.

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home