Sunday, February 05, 2006

Am I the only one...

... obsessively changing my mind on what to knit? I had a revelation last night about using & being thankful for the things I have, so I was momentarily excited about working out of my stash. But after spending the night swatching and winding and pattern-reading, I went to bed undecided.

BUT, I woke up this morning, broswed Knitty, and committed to my project: "the W." I like it. It sounds grand. It looks cute. It shares a name with a hotel AND a magazine. And learning the short-row shaping will be a challenge without inducing the same kind of terror the completely-cabled bandeau inspired. (Whole THING is cables. Soon, but not yet.)

And how pretty is this yarn? I'm about to watch Grey's Anatomy and swatch. Wishing you all equally lovely evenings.

4 Comments:

Blogger Norah said...

Ooooh, gorgeous yarn! I'm having trouble deciding what to knit too. I thought I'd made up my mind, then I saw something else I liked.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

What are your ideas so far, Norah?

8:47 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

What an interesting top. It's very cute.

The yarn is lovely. What kind is it, and do you plan to use it for the top?

1:50 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Yes, this is my yarn for the tank. It's Red Dune, an Egyptian mercerized cotton, by Ornaghi Filati. I got it at Seaport Yarn in New York, which has an amazing selection.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home