Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Pace


I'm just under 20% done. This is easy to figure because each side is knitted in 5 wedges, and I'm nearly done with wedge 2.

But, actually, I just measured it, now that it's taking form enough to be recognizable, and it looks like I must be way off gauge. I was way ON gauge in the stockinette stitch part. And the gauge was measured over St stitch. NOW it's clear that I should have measured more often, but I'm usually pretty consistent.

Huh. Hmm. It's 16" long and it should be 20" long. Hmph. I might be a Knitting Olympics dropout... :(

Wow, I don't know if I can emotionally survive frogging this whole thing. Encourage me please. Tell me the joy's in the process, or something. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

It's good that you are checking gauge as you do.

What I would do is put that aside and knit it again with a size on size larger ro see what happens. If it's just a little off, you can block it to measurements.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home