Sunday, February 12, 2006

Knitted Bobbles Suck, and So Does a Head Cold

Knitting Olympics, day 1I cast on during the live Opening Ceremonies on Friday (this photo is as of first thing Saturday morning), then succumbed to a head cold and an out-of-town family visit. I've gotten a few more rows done, but what with the bobbles and the stuffy nose, it's slow-going, to say the least. I'm taking today to knit and sleep and drink tea -- all on the couch in front of the teevee -- so hopefully my pace will start to pick up.

Rah rah, Olympians!

[x-posted to Team Canada]

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I got the new Interweave Knits magazine in the mail yesterday and love the cover sweater--but you're confirming my aversion to bobbles! :) Hang in there, and I hope you feel better.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Kim Werker said...

I do feel like I'm earning my knitting stripes for working these bobbles. I've considered seeing if I could just crochet the bobbles; I'm sure it wouldn't be complicated. But now that I've started knitting them I want them to look consistent. Maybe I'll play with combining knitting and crocheted bobbles later on...

10:02 AM  
Blogger Vera said...

I agree, I recently knitted a hat with bobbles, and while I like how the bobbles look, I hated making them.

Get well soon. It's a lovely sweater.

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home